If you have not already done so, please renew your membership for 2016-2017!
To do so, select this page: Renew your membership! and follow the instructions.
Can you help us?
This is the website for the West Northumberland Community Buildings Consortium.
The current design needs updating to reflect the increasing use of mobile and tablet devices. It will be updated soon with a new version, for which more images would add to the visual appeal.
Pictures of members’ buildings, landscapes, activities or people will be welcomed by the editor, Michael Elphick. They should be in any suitable digital format, preferably in high resolution, and should be sent via email to: email@example.com
Here’s an example of what we’re looking for (with thanks to Neville Gray from Ovingham):
The Consortium is now registered with the Charity Commission, with registration number 1168006. The information recorded on the Commission website for the Consortium can be viewed here.
The Consortium is an organisation set up to represent all village halls and community buildings of any type within this area, which can offer:
- Financial benefits by using the bulk purchasing power of the Consortium.
- More financial benefits by joint purchasing.
- An information service, providing advice and checklists.
- Help and lobbying in resolving issues relating to community buildings.
- Joint training for members.
- A forum for members to exchange views, ideas and best practice.
See where our member’s Halls are located:
Use the links on the left to explore our membership, the range of services and discounts (some may be restricted to members only), and advice sheets. Other links on the right provide more information on using the site, and some useful contacts for other organisations.
The most recent articles that have been published are:
- The Consortium’s 2016 AGM!
- An urgent appeal from Community Action Northumberland!
- The 2014 AGM at Riding Mill
- The 2013 AGM at Hexham Community Centre
- The 2013 Spring General Meeting at Stocksfield Community Centre.
- For sale or wanted?
- The 2012 Spring General Meeting at Corbridge Parish Hall
- Installing photovoltaic panels
- Organising and running a bar in a village hall
- The 2011 Autumn Meeting at Stocksfield Community Centre