The Consortium is in jeopardy. It is in danger of not being able to continue from the AGM in November 2017. Both the longstanding Chair and Secretary have said that they will not be able to continue after the AGM this year. So the Consortium needs a new Chair, Secretary and four new Committee members. If these officers and Committee members cannot be found it is possible that the Consortium may fold up.
This request is being issued after a meeting of the Management Committee last week. The Committee thought it should be making the 64 members aware of this situation in the hope that members will help by finding volunteers to take on these roles. The time for action is now so that a designate Chair and Secretary can be identified and begin to work with the current holders.
The latest Newsletter is devoted to this issue, and sets out what the Consortium does and the roles of Chair and Secretary. Read a copy HERE. A subsequent Newsletter will feature other news.
Will Chairs of member halls/community buildings please take this issue to your Committee for consideration. Can you find someone who is willing to become Chair or Secretary or a Committee member?
If you wish to have more information or have any suggestions, please contact either the existing Chair or Secretary below:
Chair – Mike Wood Email email@example.com Tel. 01697 747025
Secretary – Adrian Hinchcliffe firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 01665 572888
If you have not already done so, please renew your membership for 2016-2017!
To do so, select this page: Renew your membership! and follow the instructions.
Can you help us?
This is the website for the West Northumberland Community Buildings Consortium.
The current design needs updating to reflect the increasing use of mobile and tablet devices. It will be updated soon with a new version, for which more images would add to the visual appeal.
Pictures of members’ buildings, landscapes, activities or people will be welcomed by the editor, Michael Elphick. They should be in any suitable digital format, preferably in high resolution, and should be sent via email to: email@example.com
Here’s an example of what we’re looking for (with thanks to Neville Gray from Ovingham):
The Consortium is now registered with the Charity Commission, with registration number 1168006. The information recorded on the Commission website for the Consortium can be viewed here.
The Consortium is an organisation set up to represent all village halls and community buildings of any type within this area, which can offer:
- Financial benefits by using the bulk purchasing power of the Consortium.
- More financial benefits by joint purchasing.
- An information service, providing advice and checklists.
- Help and lobbying in resolving issues relating to community buildings.
- Joint training for members.
- A forum for members to exchange views, ideas and best practice.
See where our member’s Halls are located:
Use the links on the left to explore our membership, the range of services and discounts (some may be restricted to members only), and advice sheets. Other links on the right provide more information on using the site, and some useful contacts for other organisations.
The most recent articles that have been published are:
- The Consortium’s 2016 AGM!
- An urgent appeal from Community Action Northumberland!
- The 2014 AGM at Riding Mill
- The 2013 AGM at Hexham Community Centre
- The 2013 Spring General Meeting at Stocksfield Community Centre.
- For sale or wanted?
- The 2012 Spring General Meeting at Corbridge Parish Hall
- Installing photovoltaic panels
- Organising and running a bar in a village hall
- The 2011 Autumn Meeting at Stocksfield Community Centre