Welcome to the website for the West Northumberland Community Buildings Consortium.
The Consortium is a charitable organisation set up to represent all village halls and community buildings of any type within this area, which can offer:
- Financial benefits by using the bulk purchasing power of the Consortium.
- More financial benefits by joint purchasing.
- An information service, providing advice and checklists.
- Help and lobbying in resolving issues relating to community buildings.
- Joint training for members.
- A forum for members to exchange views, ideas and best practice.
See where our member’s Halls are located:
Use the links on the left to explore our membership, the range of services and discounts (some may be restricted to members only), and advice sheets. Other links on the right provide more information on using the site, and some useful contacts for other organisations.The most recent articles that have been published are:
- An urgent appeal from Community Action Northumberland!
- The 2014 AGM at Riding Mill
- The 2013 AGM at Hexham Community Centre
- The 2013 Spring General Meeting at Stocksfield Community Centre.
- For sale or wanted?
- The 2012 Spring General Meeting at Corbridge Parish Hall
- Installing photovoltaic panels
- Organising and running a bar in a village hall
- The 2011 Autumn Meeting at Stocksfield Community Centre
- Portable Appliance Testing scheme now underway
- Portable Appliance Testing
- More advice available