We are a charitable organisation set up to represent all village halls and community buildings of any type within the West Northumberland area.
We are now registered with the Charity Commission, with registration number 1168006. The information recorded on the Commission website for the Consortium can be viewed here.
The Charity’s objects, as laid down in the Constitution, are:
- To sustain and improve community buildings in West Northumberland (the area of benefit’) and the services they provide for the benefit of the local community and visitors.
- To promote and improve the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of charitable community buildings within the area of benefit, in direct pursuit of their objects by the provision of advice, information, training and support, with a view to improving the efficiency and management of their resources.
The Management Committee has adopted the following specific aims for the Consortium:
- Derive financial benefits by using the bulk purchasing power of the Consortium.
- Derive financial benefits by joint purchasing.
- Offer an information service and resolving issues on matters relating to community buildings.
- Provide or initiate joint training for members.
- Lobby on behalf of members.
- Provide a forum for members to exchange views, ideas and best practice.
- Enable Community buildings to have a higher profile in the community.
The aims and organisation of the Consortium are governed by its Constitution, which was adopted on May 14th 2008. The full text of the Constitution is available here (as text) or as a PDF document.