Haydon Bridge Community Centre was formerly a Wesleyan Chapel erected in 1873; it was converted in 1960 and is managed by the Community Association, which was formed in the late 1960’s to promote social, educational and leisure activities.
The community centre was completely demolished and rebuilt during 1999/2000 and designed to meet the needs of the 21st Century. The new Community Centre was made possible by generous funding from The National Lottery and many other funding agencies. The centre is of similar size and shape to its predecessor and holds one or two references to the traditional chapel. Stone blocks, roof slates and the original date stone were all salvaged and used on the new structure.
Location: Haydon Bridge Community Centre, Haydon Bridge NE47 6ET
Features: Rooms: Large function hall can cater for up to 200 seated guests and approximately 120 seated informally around tables. It is also ideal for dances, ceilidhs and larger meetings. The Meeting room/lounge is suitable for smaller meetings of up to 25 people.
Additional: The entrance area is available for art exhibitions.
Facilities: The fully equipped kitchen is accessible to both the lounge and the main hall.
Parking: There is a small car park to the rear of the building and on-street parking close by.
Access: There are facilities for the disabled, and a wheelchair lift is available from the foyer up to the 1st floor, where there are 2 further meeting rooms and a small kitchen.