At Minsteracres you can choose an individual or group retreat, organise your own event, or simply enjoy this beautiful place.
Minsteracres is a Christian place of prayer in the land of the Northern Saints. We welcome people of all faiths or none who share our values. A view from the inside
We invite you to enjoy our comfortable accommodation, home-cooked food and special hospitality. Read what people say about us in our Visitor’s Book
To keep up to date with our latest news please click here
If you would like to learn how you can get involved with Minsteracres Retreat Centre including signing up to our quarterly newsletter, please click here.
Location: Minsteracres, near Consett, Co. Durham, DH8 9RT Click Find us to get directions
Contact: Joanne Bramley Tel: 01434 673 248 or email or complete the form below
- The Ballroom for groups up to 90 people. A magnificent room with a wood-burning stove.
- The Parlour for groups up to 30 people. Another magnificent room with a wood-burning stove.
- The Retreat House Lounge (with wood-burning stove) or Lecture room, each of which can accommodate 55 people
- The Library for groups up to 25.
- The Bethany suite for groups up to 20 which also includes tea and coffee making facilities and a microwave oven.
- The Youth Centre for younger age groups more interested in adventure and less concerned with comfort. For example Schools, Scouts, Guides, have used us for many years.
- A beautiful chapel, with the use of a keyboard.
- Various prayer rooms.
100 acres of grounds, parkland and woodland in the beautiful Northumberland countryside. We have a number of walks for all abilities. Here is a map of the estate.
Accommodation for up to 84 people across the Main House and Retreat House, depending on combination of singles/doubles/twin rooms; and resources such as:
- Multi-media projector (£25 per day)
- Lap top (£25 per day)
- Flip chart and pens (free of charge)
- OHP and screen (free of charge)
- TVs, DVD and CD players (free of charge)
These prices help us to cover our costs. However, no one should feel excluded for financial reasons and concessions are available.
|Per person per 24 hours full board||£65||£52|
|Per person per 24 hours full board||£130||£110|
|Youth Centre minimum charge||£150||£150|
|… thereafter per person per 24 hours||£12||£9|
|All day refreshments including lunch||£35||£30|
|Room hire full day|
If you have a query, please complete this form: