This section provides information that may be of interest to all halls, along with links to others available elsewhere. However some sections may be restricted to members of the Consortium, such as details of discounts negotiated for members.
Those currently available are:
- A management checklist that hall committees can use to ensure that nothing gets overlooked.
- Employment in village halls, covering statutory and ‘good practice’ requirements.
- Recommended Health and Safety Policy practice.
- Recommended practice on Safeguarding Policies.
- Guidance on Insurance for Village Halls from Allied Westminster.
- Information on Insurance Discounts.
- Guidance on Electrical Safety Testing.
- Guidance on Equipment Hire.
- An alternative status for Charities: Charitable Incorporated Organisation, paper by David Francis (CAN Director)
- An overview (as PDF slides) of renewable technologies for village halls, provided by Dr Garry Jenkins of North Energy.