The Commemoration Hall is a substantial stone building consisting of a large main hall, a smaller meeting room with bar facilities and a kitchen.
Built by Charles Samuel and Agnes Mona Hunting of Slaley Hall to commemorate the safe return of their children from the First World War, it was given to the community at the end of December 1922, to be managed by trustees. It is now a Registered Charity, number 522138.
Location: Slaley is 5 miles south of Hexham off the B6306 road from Hexham to Blanchland. The Hall is situated at the east end of the village, on the north side of the road which continues towards the A68 and Consett.
Rooms: Main hall (14.4 m x 7.5 m), maximum capacity 150. Meeting room (5.6 m x 4.6 m), maximum capacity 30.
Heating: The hall is heated throughout by gas central heating.
Maximum Capacity: The Hall is licensed for up to 150 users.
Facilities: WiFi is available throughout the Hall. There is a well-equipped kitchen (4.7 m x 4.0 m) with modern range cooker, refrigerator, microwave and commercial dishwasher.
Equipment: Flexible staging can be erected in the Hall and elsewhere when needed; a PA system with induction loop is also available. The main hall is also equipped with projection equipment for DVDs, video or computer, with digital projector, large screen, and sound system.
Parking: Parking is available on the forecourt for a limited number of cars.
Access: Wheelchair access is provided to the main entrance, and from one emergency exit. Disabled toilet facilities are provided off the main hall.
Main Hall: Hourly rate: £10.00
Committee Room: Hourly rate: £8.00
- Day rate (from 09:00 to 23:59): £140.00
- Evening Event (from 18:00 to 23:59): £70.00
Website: Slaley Commemoration Hall
Registered Charity Number: 522138